CORPORATE OVERVIEWOur client is a highly regarded food and beverage technology company that manufactures products for the restaurant and food service markets. They are committed to designing smarter solutions to everyday challenges so customers can serve easier, faster and better than ever. THE OPPORTUNITYThe Business Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining cross-functional strategic account relationships with leading food service chain operators. Ultimately this position is responsible for managing growth and profit at assigned customers through specific Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures of Success. A high-performing BDM will be an added value component to their customers business while delivering sales growth within their assigned operating budgets and company spending guidelines. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers assigned sales and profit targets by Increasing the company’s income through sustainable top-line growth and bottom-line profitable
- Works closely with Company's “Customer Opportunity Team” to build a customer’s “Canvas”
- Develops and executes 12-to-18-month business plans with clearly stated Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures, in support of the achievement of annual company objectives.
- Ensures Reps Group alignment in to support Server’s growth strategy by developing Rep specific OGSM’s and providing the training, and internal support to drive Rep group performance to a level that achieves assigned goals and objectives.
- Provide Voice of Customer and Fact-based data to qualify sales projects aligned to our growth strategy and leveraging the six critical skills (Critical Thinking, Planning & Organizing, Influencing, People Development, Budget Management, Strategic Planning) lead the assigned cross-functional business teams to achieve our annual sales plans.
- Owns the customer relationship by developing a value-added alliance through aggressive account penetration across all levels and key decision-makers.
- Is fact based in the development of assigned accounts and is a constant hunter for new opportunities, enhancement, and ideas that deliver Server’s core 4 principles across our customers operation. The intent of these behaviors is to drive,
- Alignment between Customer and Server business strategies.
- Account penetration, developing cross-functional relations with key decision-makers at different levels.
- Fact-based decision making, identify underlying drivers to build ROI business case.
- Challenge status quo to improve our speed to market.
- Is a top resource for product and procedural knowledge for end-users, dealers, consultants, food manufacturers and territory reps.
- Educates and trains assigned customers and reps on Company's products key points of differentiation, features and benefits and usage of products or product categories as needed.
- Excels in Critical thinking and possesses strong planning & organization and critical thinking skills ensuring goals and objectives are achieved at assigned accounts and rep groups.
- While maintaining and developing dealer relationships is important, focusing on end-users (minimum 75% of time) i.e. assigned chains and food manufacturers developing business opportunities is key.
- Provide market feedback to the Customer Marketing Team and Director of Business Development for purposes of forecasting, rep evaluation, promotions, programs, product ideas, etc.
- Attends approved trade shows, chain conferences and national trade show. Provide feedback to Customer Marketing and the Director of Business Development on value of show or conference vs. cost of attending/exhibiting.
- Adhere to normal policy when managing price negotiations, variances and returns. Confer with Director of Business Development and the Finance Support Team when special pricing or conditions may be needed.
- Transport samples, set up tradeshow or product training session, and demonstrate features, benefits and possible applications.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as requested or required
- Four-year business degree or equivalent education, experience and accomplishments
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience, with at least 4 years spent in the food service industry or comparable B2B sales.
- Strong, fact-based written, oral and presentation skills including presentation development
- Strong sales, critical thinking, planning and organization, negotiation and follow-up skills are required
- Professional attitude, demeanor, and image
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Creative, self-motivated, and sound decision maker
- A proven high level of sales ability
- Ability to confront and resolve difficult situations and conflict with key customers externally and internally while still maintaining a strong working relationship.
- Must be Customer Centric
- Strong skills within MS Office especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint & TEAMS
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with an annual bonus incentive and a competitive PTO and benefits package.