Business Intelligence - Tableau Developer - Alpharetta, GA
The Business Intelligence - Tableau Developer has a pivotal role in data visualization and will create reports and dashboards for the enterprise use. This person will also stay updated on all upcoming features and capabilities of Tableau to make sure we are maximizing the potential of the tool. Additionally, this person will collaborate with the infrastructure team to review, test, and release all needed upgrades to Tableau server and power Tableau desktop software. As the resident expert on Tableau, this person will provide guidance on best practices in building great reports, dashboards, and data models. This role will be integral in the continued evolution of our business intelligence initiatives. Specifically, the role will evaluate new technologies, data sources, and processes that provide the business with enhanced analytic capabilities.
As the Business Intelligence - Tableu Developer, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Collect reporting requirements from Business stakeholders
- Understand Business Requirements and Develop Tableau based BI Solutions
- Understand Tableau logical model and build appropriate Tableau Applications
- Develop and design Load Scripts under guidance from Lead Architect
- Engage with ETL Developers to create or design extracts that feed visualizations
- Conduct UX sessions, translate end user business requirements into intuitive, visually effective user interfaces for Dashboards, Analytics and Reporting
- Create mockups/wireframes via PowerPoint / Visio or other similar tools
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Development including, but not limited to, Developing meaningful and efficient Dashboards, Analytics, Reporting, Visualizations, Unit testing, Integration testing and Production support.
- Create and present application in a way that tells the *business story* and addresses the solution to the business issue
- Provide effective Tableau training to reporting end-users and documentation of solutions and technical decisions
- At least 3 years’ experience and expertise with Tableau Server & Tableau Desktop.
- Advanced Tableau skills and adopting Tableau Best Practices and Standards
- Familiarity with ETL Frameworks and Microsoft Stack: SQL Server – SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
- User Interface and Visual Design Skills
- Strong experience with Business Intelligence concepts and patterns
- Proficiency in SQL, relational databases and building star schemas
- Experience with waterfall and agile projects a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong Presentation and Documentation skills
Click here to apply online
- Tableau certification
- Proactive and Self-starter
- Prior experience in Real Estate, familiarity with finance/accounting concepts and finance data
- Bachelor’s degree