Responsible for the overall management of the proposal process, including coordination of key operational areas, costs, proposal content, and tracking for clinical and commercial manufacturing and packaging services in collaboration with the Vice President of Business Development, our Leadership Committee, and other appropriate subject matter experts. The incumbent will also be responsible for and support industry and market research initiatives, lead generation, CRM system management, development of client presentations, and various other business development activities that will provide the incumbent professional development for advancement in the sales department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for completing RFP (Request for Proposals) and RFIs (Requests for Information) for BD team’s needs. This includes carefully reading through precise requirements and requests from clients, reaching out to multiple company departments as needed, creating content specific to requests, and storing all RFP and supplemental materials electronically.
- Formulate, complete, and send out proposals, proposal updates, reference sheets, and any other requested sales materials to the BD team and clients.
- Weekly proposal report detailing proposal generation for the week to CEO & VP BD to include analysis of how much proposed by each BD member and further divides it between new submissions and updates to those currently proposed.
- Organize proposal and content data library to ensure all new materials are uploaded and stored correctly for future reference.
- Perform research activities using social media, industry databases, and other tools and resources to identify and source leads for the BD team.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of proposal generation systems as well as training and support as needed.
- Reconcile proposal-related reports, as needed to assist Sales/Marketing campaign.
- Learn and utilize the CRM platform to provide sales support, as needed.
- Contact clients as needed to discuss timelines, questions, expectations, deliverables, etc.
- Establish agreement on timelines and deliverables from the strategy meeting and follow-up to ensure adherence.
- Write and create client-specific proposal text to:
o Accurately reflect strategy discussions.
o Meet Company’s and client’s needs and expectations.
o Assure accuracy and appropriateness of text and attachments.
- Facilitate pricing discussions with appropriately identified key decision makers.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate mapping to client budget specifications.
- Participate in client calls related to Requests for Proposals, budget discussions, Requests for Information, etc., as needed.
- Ensures technical proposal documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and departmental specifications, and adheres to standards for quality and format.
- Creates graphic illustrations, charts, matrices, and process flow charts for incorporation into proposals.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Lead internal strategy meetings with the leadership committee team members as well as functional subject matter experts.
- Work with Marketing Team to develop proposal materials, as needed.
- Participate in proposal defense meetings with clients.
- Researches, develops, and writes technical content for technical documents as required for proposals and contracts.
- Responsible for preparing, distribution, collection, and filing of Master Service Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Remains current in professional and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- making suggestions for improvement.
- learning new skills, procedures, and processes.
- Is available for other duties as required.
- Is available for overtime as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree plus four (4) years of experience managing the sales process in the contract pharmaceutical packaging and manufacturing industry
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrate expertise in the CMO industry with a specific understanding and application of the proposal development process.
- Demonstrate expertise in the development of clinical and commercial manufacturing proposals.
- Experience working in a GMP environment.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Computer skills:
- Experience using a CRM system to capture, track, and monitor activities.
- Enter data into a computer using software applications for data entry, data analysis, statistical analysis, and word processing.
- Work and be proficient with e-mail systems
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment