Business Development Representative
Grow with us! You’ve earned it!
Our client is a fintech startup revolutionizing the payment processes of contract and freelance workers. The platform is trusted by clients and customers to provide access to earnings on their terms. They support the contingent workforce by offering on-demand payment and other financial products to improve financial wellbeing and alleviate administrative burdens.
Our client is post-seed funding and has recently partnered with a highly respected Silicon Valley growth fund to prepare for Series funding in the fall of ’21. There is tremendous excitement about this product and business model. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high growth company at an early stage.
The Business Development Representative is a key member of the sales team, your primary role will be generating revenue via outbound sales outreach, as well as developing and refining the lead pipeline to meet or exceed sales targets. This role is an integral part of the growth plan and has various cross-functional engagements with customer success, product development and marketing teams.
You have an entrepreneurial mindset, next-level business development skills, and are excited about driving sales growth and product progression!
As Business Development Representative you will:
- Plan and execute outbound marketing strategies
- Be first point of contact for all prospective clients during sales and onboarding process
- Communicate with prospects to understand their needs and explain the value proposition
- Participate in product demonstrations, address concerns and objections, build client specific solutions, which facilitate customer growth.
- Develop and build strong pipelines, build key relationships with customers and users which will contribute to customer growth.
- Plan and/or participate in live and online events, industry groups and tradeshows
- Meet and exceed sales goals with set KPIs for calls, meetings, proposals, opportunities won/lost.
- Listen intently to the market and customer to ensure our messaging and product features are best in class
- Works directly with Marketing to develop innovative and targeted collateral, online and live events, and content to drive customer growth
- Collaborate well with the client, product and technical teams to exceed customer expectations
This role can sit anywhere in North America, however you must be flexible to travel to Toronto regularly.
To be an effective team member you will have:
- University degree (Bachelor)
- 3+ years of experience in B2B sales
- Experience in a recruitment or consulting sales role (ideally contingent workforce)
- Experience in a Human Resource technology sales role (strong preference for SaaS sales experience)
- Outstanding communicator and comfortable communicating and selling to C-suite level clients
- Demonstrated experience working in a team towards a goal
- Extremely comfortable with technology, excellent knowledge of Hubspot and other sales tools
- Enthusiastic team player focused on driving organizaiton's success
Compensation is a base salary plus a performance (commission) incentive structure which will take you into mid-six figures.
We’re not your typical startup. We’re well funded and have been joined by experienced entrepreneurs. We’ve stood up and successfully exited multiple (okay 6!) companies.
Join us, learn from us and contribute to something extraordinary!