CORPORATE OVERVIEWOur client is a highly regarded food and beverage technology company that manufactures products for the restaurant and food service markets. They are committed to designing smarter solutions to everyday challenges so customers can serve easier, faster and better than ever. THE OPPORTUNITYThe BDM is responsible for developing and maintaining cross-functional strategic account relationships with leading food service chain operators. Ultimately this position is responsible for managing growth and profit at assigned customers through specific Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures of Success. A high performing BDM will be an added value component to their customers business while delivering sales growth within their assigned operating budgets and company spending guidelines. RESPONSIBILITIES
- The BDM works with the Director of Business Development, supporting annual business plans with clearly stated Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Measures and sales plans.
- Align reps to support our growth strategy with a focus on general market innovation, providing necessary product training, monitor/measure monthly performance against customer and product growth plans.
- Provide Voice of Customer and Fact-based data to qualify sales projects aligned to our growth strategy and leveraging the six critical skills (Critical Thinking, Planning & Organizing, Influencing, People Development, Budget Management, Strategic Planning).
- Develop strategic accounts by deploying the Challenger sales, Hunter mentality & a proactive approach.
- The BDM is a top resource for product and procedural knowledge for end-users, dealers, consultants, food manufacturers and territory reps.
- Provide market feedback to Director of Business Development for purposes of forecasting, rep evaluation, promotions, programs, product ideas, etc.
- Attends approved trade shows, chain conferences and national trade show. Provide feedback to Director of Business Development on value of show or conference vs. cost of attending/exhibiting.
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience, with at least 4 years spent in the food service industry or comparable B2B sales.
- Critical thinking, strong sales, planning and organization, negotiation and follow-up skills
- Ability to confront and resolve difficult situations and conflict with key customers externally and internally while still maintaining a strong working relationship.
- 5 weeks PTO/yr
- Robust 401K
- Exceptional health care benefits