Reporting to the General Manager for a leading privately held, asset-based provider of transportation and logistics services with a specialization in energy transport, dedicated contract carriage, freight management, brokerage, and logistics.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the solicitation, brokering, and management of freight for customers. Will maintain the proper documentation pertaining to all loads moved; negotiate customer and carrier freight rates. Will resolve any operational issues. Will manage existing customer relationships to obtain loads and or carriers for truck capacity. Will work with the Branch Manager to generate new customer leads, follow up with both carriers and customers on assigned loads, maintaining productive working relationships with customer and carrier representatives.
Will be responsible for assisting the creation of customer RFP bids. Researches and analyzes market data, coordinates operations input, and submits / follows up on RFP bid pricing. Analyzes problem situations, identifies root cause, engages in problem resolution. Compiles & analyzes data from various sources; translates data into actionable reports or presentations for SCS business unit and/or customers. Assists with new carrier setup process including acquiring documents or key info from carriers.
- Progressive experience in Account Management & Pricing (3+ years)
- Mode of transportation (i.e. Truckload, LTL, Refrigerated)
- Bids and requests for proposals
- Lane cost analysis, establish cost and service-related processes
- Support new business development (RFQ, RFP, Proposal Response)
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Education: High School Diploma
- Residence: Atlanta, GA
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Education: College Graduate - BA or BS in Business, Accounting, Financial Analysis
- Transportation Software
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to deliver growth results while maintaining integrity
- Strong financial acumen
- Sense of urgency and ability to multitask
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Managing Director: Mica Bolta
Click here to apply online