This role will be an integral part of the Magellan Business Development organization having responsibilities to develop new business opportunities, and support existing business, for the Magellan group of aerospace companies, with particular focus on the west coast of North America.
To support the group strategy and future growth plans, the company requires the services of an experienced business development executive who will report to the Director of Business Development, North America.
The successful candidate will continuously engage with customers at all levels to maintain excellent customer relationships and ensure new business opportunities are identified for the appropriate Magellan division. They will also engage with the Magellan bid team to ensure the bid strategy aligns with customer expectations and provides a high probability of success in winning the business, to support the group strategic growth and sales plans.
Magellan Aerospace, US- West Coast offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Minimum of ten (10) plus years of experience in technical sales, business development, and management working with global OEM's in the Aerospace industry.Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Business, or MBA
- Knowledge in the aerospace industry’s quality standards, design practices, and common manufacturing processes is required.
- Excellent communication skills, leadership skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated ability to build excellent customer relationships, both internal and external.
- Experience identifying and negotiating large complex deals and the demonstrated ability to bring such deals to close.
- Demonstrated success in delivering sales growth results as a member of a high performing.
- Decision making and problem solving ability in complex situations and with incomplete.
- Demonstrated business acumen and understanding of customer and market dynamics in the aerospace.
- Lead and manage key strategic customer relationships for Magellan.
- Ensure new and existing customers understand Magellan's breadth of capability.
- Identify customer's procurement strategy, initiatives, and programs, and position Magellan to participate.
- Identify new business opportunities with new and existing customers and work with the Magellan team to bring significant opportunities to closure.
- Coordinate responses to customer work package opportunities and ensure they are timely.
- Provide support to achieve annual revenue and profitability targets in l ine with both divisional and group budgets.
- Work with the Magellan team to formulate and implement long-term strategies and near term tactical plans to achieve revenue and profitability targets
- Develop individual objectives to support corporate business goals. Monitor progress to these objectives and periodically report status.
- Using market information to evaluate and prioritize specific customer opportunities.
- Promote the Magellan Aerospace organization through the attendance at trade shows, conferences etc.
- As a senior member of the organization, provide mentoring to individuals in the organization as required.
Note: This is a customer-facing role and it is expected this will involve frequent travel.
Key Measures and Milestones
- Financial Performance (Revenue, operating profit, cash flow, order intake).
- Profitable growth
- Customer satisfaction
- Operational excellence
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.