We have a great client located in the MidWest who is looking for their next Business Development Manager who is required to be a leader of the external process to deliver customer growth, leading by example under challenging circumstances. Externally, as the key front line commercial resource to new customers, this position will be trusted to direct and manage our deployable assets and resources consistent with our stated business objectives.
The position works directly with the company’s marketing team and reports to the Vice President of Business Development. In conjunction with the marketing team, the Business Development Manager will be instrumental in shaping long term strategy, go-to- market tactics and selling strategy, influencing our strategic business direction, including new product research and development recommendations.
On a commercial basis, this position is the primary negotiator of customer contracts and ensures the execution of all contractual obligations between our company and its customers. Above all, the Business Development Manager is expected to be a customer advocate, internally challenging us on all issues pertinent to customer satisfaction.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Click here to apply online
- Responsible for setting and implementing company strategy for our growth segments
- Prospect / target for potential new clients that deliver increased business
- Cold call as appropriate within the selected market segments or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals
- Respond and manage RFP tenders, and develop quotes and proposals for clients within our growth segments that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Prepare and present financial business cases for senior management approval
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback, direction and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Understand competitive threats and analysis. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Establish and maintain long term relationships at all critical, decision influencing levels
- Communicates customer requirements and strategies with recommendations
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance