Business Development Manager
Location: Portland, MI
Are you seeking an opportunity that you can put your stamp on???
We are a growing mid-Michigan supplier of metal stampings and assemblies, is seeking an exceptional Business Development Manager.
The ideal candidate will be a great coach and a motivational leader of people, inspiring Team members to do and be their best, and demonstrating a positive attitude. PEPS initiatives:
- People: We will engage and empower our Team members to be their best
- Excellence: We will continuously improve and strive for excellence in everything we do
- Performance: Our Customers and Team will recognize our exceptional performance
- Professionalism: We will act with integrity, show respect, and treat others with dignity
- Service: We are part of a community, and we recognize the benefits of community support.
- Responsibilities for this Senior Management position:
- Lead team of Customer Contact Engineers/Program Managers to meet short- and long-term profitable sales goals
- Develop & grow key customer relationships
- Lead Business Development meetings, reporting sales and forecasting information to team
- Monitor/track pricing changes, engineering changes, purchase orders, long-term agreements, program launch and end-of-production timing
- Coordinate technical materials and presentations
- Maintain high level of communication and visits to customers at all levels: Purchasing, plants, engineering,
- Host customer plant tours
- Investigate emerging & potential customers, programs and products, inside or outside of the automotive industry
- Continue cultivation of Portland Products’ unique culture of Team member involvement, individual personal improvement, business success, and community support
- Effectively communicate and implement actions to reach objectives
- Work closely with other facets of the organization: Operations, Human Resources, Engineering, etc.
- Team player with proven positive leadership skills and experience
- Positive, people-first attitude
- Progressively higher levels of responsibility throughout career
- Ability to implement short- and long-term business development and program launch plans
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, with metal stamping and related assembly process knowledge, preferably in the automotive industry
- Ability to travel - Customers are located throughout North America
- Knowledge of and proven success in automotive industry customer interaction: Contract review, pricing, program launch, and long-term agreement negotiation
- BA/BS in mechanical engineering, sales/marketing, business, or equivalent, along with 5 years’ experience in customer engineering contact, business development, sales, or equivalent
To apply, please submit your resume or contact Rob to discuss.
Thanks and have a great day.