GeneCoda has been retained to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Business Development Manager.
About Our Client:
Our client, a leading provider of scientific and regulatory consulting services to pharmaceutical clients, is a division of a global quality assurance services firm that provides customized qualification solutions to varied industries.
Our client’s emphasis is in preparing IND filings for small to mid-sized biotech and pharmaceutical companies as well as risk assessment work for larger companies. As such, our client’s work environment will appeal to professionals who enjoy varied client experiences including work in exciting new science like CRISPR and gene editing.
In this exciting role, the Business Development Manager will identify and develop new business and be responsible for the maintenance of successful, long-term business relationships with representative companies in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. The Business Development Manager has the opportunity to help create and maintain the Sales and Marketing programs for the group, working with the existing sales team and supported by Subject Matter Experts (Scientists and Regulatory Affairs experts).
Our client seeks a Business Development manager who has likely been in a laboratory environment and whose purposeful career path has led them to direct client interface.
- Identify potential new clients. Arrange meetings with key decision makers within biopharmaceutical companies and invite core colleagues to participate in the meeting / conference calls when required.
- Identify and capitalize on business development opportunities during client conversations. Ideally, the incumbent’s own reputation in the field attracts a flow of work from new and existing clients.
- Present capabilities to clients and handle a variety of questions. Address both scientific (toxicology) and regulatory affairs questions at a basic level based on an understanding of existing services and experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing clients and identify additional business opportunities through these relationships. Service offerings may include toxicology study/program support, toxicology risk/safety assessment, regulatory guidance, and submissions to different jurisdictions (Canada, USA, Australia, and Europe), and ePublishing services.
- Develop marketing initiatives and follow up plans and make key contributions to the overall marketing efforts, drawing from past experience and capitalizing on staff expertise.
- Prepare thorough cost estimates of projects and formal project proposals in collaboration with internal colleagues.
- Be accountable for sales targets for new business.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience.
- Ability to understand, present and explain scientific (toxicology) and regulatory affairs consulting services to prospective/new and existing clients.
- 1 or more experience(s) in a customer facing role that involves sales / revenue generation responsibility.
- Proven ability to develop, organize, and manage multiple Business Development and Marketing projects and campaigns, ensuring all are progressing at the correct pace along their own timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with a range of staff, from C-Level executives to junior scientists.
- Sharp business acumen including an awareness of Biopharmaceutical industry drivers.
- Ability to prepare accurate cost estimates (project proposals) while identifying and anticipating potential complications due to the need to address competing deadlines and conflicting goals from client requests.
- A level of business acumen to identify and encourage additional project work, primarily in consultation with the development of new business clients.
- Well organized and structured (attention to detail).
- Able to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to work remotely (home based) and travel for customer meetings.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.