Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg division has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Business Development Manager / Marketing Manager for our Helicopter Wire Strike Protection System (WSPS) program.
The WSPS Business Development Manager / Marketing Manager will be responsible for directing business development of current and future WSPS products and services with a worldwide mandate. The incumbent will need to be able to travel and will be part of the WSPS Business Unit in Winnipeg, working closely with Operations, Engineering, Contracts, Purchasing, and Planning.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Implementing the marketing and sales plan for WSPS products worldwide. Responsibility includes: Pricing and distribution, and promotion for existing and new helicopters.
- Building relationships with helicopter OEMS, distributors and repair centers.
- Ensuring that product support is provided to obtain customer feedback, and providing feedback to the WSPS Business Unit.
- Maintaining a five year sales forecast.
- Assisting in strategic inventory planning to support on-time delivery and lead time reduction.
- Managing aftermarket distribution including assessing current distributors and negotiating inventory and joint promotions, and implementing “list price” based pricing.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Background:
- Minimum grade 12 education. Post-secondary education in Business Administration is desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years of business-related experience in a technical environment.
- Familiarity with Aerospace sector, particularly helicopters, is desirable.
- Appreciation of operations and (engineering) project management.
- Management skills.
- Knowledge of contract negotiation, government-to-industry relations, and international business practice.
- Customer Service Focused
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Insight
- Effective Listener
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.