The Business Development Manager (BDM) drives new logos into the assigned vertical at CEC. They have a target list of enterprise-level accounts assigned to them within their defined vertical with the goal of developing those prospects into new customers for CEC.
The BDM utilizes the consultive selling model to determine an ROI for an account to switch to CEC for its security and communication technologies.
The BDM attends industry trade events and has a deep understanding of their vertical so they can position themselves as an expert within the vertical.
In the average year, the BDM brings in at least two new enterprise-level accounts and expands solutions to the accounts that have become customers at CEC.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Moves New Enterprise Logos through the Sales Process: The BDM drives new presentations, assessments, and ROI analysis conversations in an effort to get an enterprise-level account to switch to CEC.
- Prospects in the vertical: Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and referral-based strategies. Utilizes consultative selling model to create new opportunities
- Marketing Collaboration: Works with the marketing team to develop strategic campaigns to support prospecting work in the assigned vertical.
- Works closely with the Enterprise Account Manager to ensure great hand offs as a new logo comes into CEC.
- Build strong customer relationships, personally and as a group. Understands customer’s business and leverages technologies to assist in optimization.
- Develop and submit comprehensive proposals based on individually or team assessed needs of potential clients
- Develop a deep understanding of the MFG vertical. Attend relevant trade shows, work with existing accounts to understand the challenges of the vertical, help to create solutions that meet the verticals demands.
- Value Selling: Using a consultative selling approach to properly qualify and align the needs of the customer with the value of CEC services.
- Image: Presents the highest level of professionalism and passion through presentations, marketing material/events, quotes & proposals.
- Weekly Account Planning Sessions: Develops and presents an action plan on all of their targeted enterprise prospects to their Sales Director.
- Holds the CEC Experience to the highest regard: Each grey line is a handoff and the Service Sales Executive ensures that the handoff between 1,2 and 3 create outstanding customer experiences. The SSE utilizes the APS and CBR process to ensure the fifth wedge is executed with all of CEC targeted customer base.
- Strong CRM management rhythm: The BDM interacts with a vast amount of customers each week and it is critical to the customer experience that those interactions are documented through SalesForce. This allows better prediction of managed service revenue and labor needs.
- Creates strategic plans for logos that they bring in: After bringing in a new logo, the BDM works with the Enterprise Account Manager to develop a five-year road map for technology within the account. They stay engaged at a strategic level with each account they bring in and continue to expand the different technologies within the account.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate
- History of leadership in sports, civic clubs, or academic organizations.
- At least three years of successful sales experience in the enterprise sales
- Technology Sales Background
- Managed Services background
- At least 3 years of selling in the assigned vertical
- History of managing a sales process in excess of on year.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Desire to become a professional sales executive
- Willing to work hard to reap financial and career rewards
- Will not quit attitude
- Self Motivated
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
- com knowledge.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer