Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting career opportunity for a Manager, Business Development (Space business unit).
As an integral part of the Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg team, the successful incumbent will be an aggressive self-starter with the ability to develop opportunities and lead company efforts to capture them. Additionally, they will have the ability to communicate effectively with government and industry at senior levels, and have a demonstrated track record in business development in the Aerospace or Electronics industry.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Leading the development of new space business in Canada, the United States, and internationally.
- Making product/service presentations, acquiring customer and competitor intelligence, and coordinating bid proposal activities.
- Acting as the principal point of contact with the customer.
- Formulating marketing plans and program capture strategies.
- Working closely with Space business unit personnel in Ottawa and Winnipeg.
- Developing relationships with Industry and Government.
- Attendance at Industry, Academic and Government forums.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- A post-secondary education is preferred in Engineering or Business Administration.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.