Location: Ontario home based remote position
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER- MONOGASTRIC
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists is recruiting a full-time, remote Business Development Manager for Monogastric food production animals. This position is home office-based from anywhere in Ontario- with Quebec and the Western provinces as alternative locations- and will work for a leading global brand in the nutritional feed additive and ingredient sector. The essential function of the role is to provide sales and support to existing clients and potential customers throughout the Canadian feed industry.
This is an addition to the company’s Canadian team and will enhance their existing presence across all species groups, by focusing on further developing the poultry and swine markets for their product portfolio.
The opportunity is an excellent fit for those with an existing profile in the feed industry combined with an active technical sales approach and a solid understanding of the monogastric species’ nutritional requirements. If this sounds like you, and you would like to work with a market leader in the segment, please read more about this unique opportunity!
This Business Development Manager- Monogastric earns a base salary of $105,000-$115,000/year DOE, plus variable opportunity of 20%. Benefits, vacation, RSP match, vehicle policy, tools of the trade and more are included in the total package. If this sounds like the Business Development role you have been looking for, don’t wait- apply today!
ABOUT GRASSLANDS RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS
We are a recruiting company that has been connecting Canadian agriculture since 1996. With well over 80 years of combined experience in the industry, we provide specialized recruiting services for our clients. Our focus is to find the best candidate for our client employers and the perfect opportunity for career seekers. As a search firm, we have dedicated our resources to being an integral part of the continued growth and diversity of the Canadian agricultural economy. Our team is strategically placed throughout the Canadian labor market- understanding the needs of national and international agribusiness employers. We take the time to understand individuals’ career aspirations, and then work to match them with our clients’ opportunities. We are not algorithms; we are people helping people!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a global leader in the development, production and marketing of natural and specialty ingredients, and is a key player in forage preservation, the nutrition and well-being of ruminants, monogastrics, aquaculture, equine and companion animals, and in the microbial management of the animal environment.
They are a privately held Canadian company, with a 100+ year history. The company is comprised of 12 major business units, each focused on specific applications of their products, with operations and management throughout the world. Corporate offices for the parent company are based in Canada, and they employ more than 3000 people working across more than 45 countries, on 5 continents.
The Animal Nutrition division is dedicated to the development, production and marketing of profitable, natural and differentiated solutions for animal nutrition and health. From the early days, the company was driven by science, establishing long-lasting research partnerships and growing its network of research partnerships ever since. The company conducts its research and development through a combination of internal resources and external collaborations. The R&D department has the mission to generate scientific references on the product line’s modes of action, efficacy and to develop new microbial based solutions. They have a robust technical team available to support the Business Development Manager’s sales and customer service activities regionally, nationally, and internationally.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER- MONOGASTRIC
The primary focus of this position is to represent the company in the Canadian monogastric feed market, providing sales and support to existing clients and potential customers. The key responsibility of the successful candidate is to promote the value of natural products, probiotics and yeast derivatives into the poultry and swine feed markets across Canada. Essential overnight travel is required, approximately 40-50%. The position reports to the Canada Country Manager.
Key deliverables of this position include:
- Develop, manage, and drive products within poultry and swine channels.
- Deliver budgeted contribution.
- Interact and collaborate with other team members to achieve strategy and growth objectives.
- Provide feedback to marketing and sales on product trends, competitive environment, and customer preferences.
- Manage new and existing product sales campaigns/strategies to successfully meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Increase awareness in poultry & swine market channels.
- Develop the poultry and swine commercial strategies and action plans along with the Country Manager and management support.
- Train channel commercial partners on poultry and swine products and solutions.
- Act as a point of contact and liaise with end users to ultimately increase sales of monogastric products.
- Cross sell to existing customers on additional technologies.
- Organize meetings and plant tours with clients and prospects to position technical expertise and innovative solutions.
AM I A GOOD FIT FOR THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY?
- Post-secondary education (B.Sc.) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of successful experience in monogastric key account management, territory management, or similar.
- Animal agriculture background required, with a working knowledge of the various supply channels: integrators, feed companies, veterinarians, and nutritionists.
- Highly motivated self starter, productive and happy working independently, while able to collaborate effectively with internal partners.
- Proven communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Business development and account management aptitude.
- Sales skills including prospecting, networking, relationship management, asking effective questions, selling value.
READY TO MOVE FORWARD?