GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates for a Business Development Manager who will work from a home office setting but will be preferably located on the US East or West Coast.
About Our Client:
Our client is bringing to market a novel technology for the high-fidelity compression of life science images for potential customers over a wide range of applications from microscopy to digital pathology and spatial analysis. High-fidelity compression is a tangible, concrete opportunity for companies in the business of generating, analyzing, moving, and storing images with enormous potential for positive impact on improved workflows and reduced costs.
This exciting new position is ideal for an individual that excels at business development, customer satisfaction, public speaking, life sciences, microscopy, and image analysis. The successful candidate will benefit from joining a flourishing organization at time of expansion into new domains which provides unique growth opportunities and high impact on the continued success of the company.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Development, you will be responsible for business development, engaging prospects for licensing our novel image compression technologies. You will coordinate closely with experts in the company to identify prospects and partner with existing experts to drive the development of commercial relationships with new companies in exciting areas of Life Science imaging and analysis for a range of research and diagnostic applications.
- Work with senior management to define the business terms for image compression licenses.
- Meet or exceed new business goals for image compression.
- Expand relationships with existing prospects.
- Find and engage new prospects and partners.
- Assist Leadership and Development in identifying gaps in current offering.
- Ensure best practices are applied at all levels in each account; maintain high level business contacts in parallel with scientific contacts.
- Periodic reporting in the Customer Relationship management system for commercial activities, opportunities, and forecasts.
- Coordinate evaluation of new technology in partnership with the technical team.
- Identify new strategic use cases and applications.
- You’re likely a maverick with experience in building new markets from the ground up.
- You have several years of business or market development experience.
- You understand imaging as applied to Life Science applications, including a keen understanding of workflows, hardware, and software.
- You likely have experience in bringing novel Enterprise and Desktop software products to market.
- You have experience of coordinating scientific input between prospects/customers and the development team.
- You thrive in ambiguous situations that involve creating order from chaos and remote communications.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.