Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Business Development Engineering Specialist at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Business Development Engineering Specialist leads/manages/participates in the current and future company products and services in the assigned business groups; is responsible for strategy development, market development, strategic customer relationships, participation in preparation of bids/proposals and contract negotiation; interfaces with Government Departments.; and participates/consults on new product/R&D planning. May direct marketing administration involving /budget preparation and administration/reporting/planning.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead/Manage/Participate in the business development and sales of products and associated services worldwide in all facets of Company business within the designated business group (i.e. develop strategies and marketing). Responsibility includes: Pricing strategy, product mix, distribution (i.e. trade shows, direct selling).
- Develop the strategic partnerships, customer relationships, and arrangement necessary to obtain additional market share in targeted areas of growth.
- Lead/Manage/Participate in bid/proposal preparation and capture activities for Company products and services. Able to direct detailed technical solution for a customer’s requirements, using company current capabilities and equipment. Will also be able to provide suggestions to modify company capabilities and equipment to win future work (i.e. new capital equipment, new suppliers, etc.). Lead/Participate in generation of proposal estimates.
- Work closely with the Program Management organization to ensure product support is provided to gain/maintain customer loyalty by coordinating engineering and production support and providing accurate feedback to the support departments.
- Provide input for future product and/or development as it may relate to technology development strategy.
- Develop and maintain a valid sales forecast to span the strategic planning 5 year timeframe (as a minimum) that also highlights specific target program.
- Manage staff resources to provide direction for day-to-day activities, mentorship/coaching for skills development and growth, and leadership for compliance of all company and corporate policies.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Business or Engineering degree/diploma preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of business-related experience in a technical environment.
- Knowledge of operations and (engineering) project management; management skills.
- Knowledge of contracts, international business, government-to-industry relations.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.