Business Development Director - West CMO/CDMO
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (West)
We are on the cutting edge and we are committed to providing a work environment that fosters creativity and success while giving our employees the ability to achieve their full potential. We believe that as our industry grows, so will our employees.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
A Meaningful Career- Forward-thinking individuals working together to explore and create state of the art medicines that change the lives of people around the world.
An Energetic Community – Headquartered in the Southwest, offering everything you look for in a modern metropolitan community. An abundance of arts, quality health care, excellence in education and more. It is a distinctly livable city where you can chase your dreams and still enjoy a rich quality of life. Visit abetterlifeokc.com
A Competitive Benefit Package – Our company offers a competitive 401k match, Medical benefits, Professional Development and Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Holidays, and a generous amount of paid time away from your job.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
This position will be responsible for conducting company presentations and service visits to new and existing clients. This position will also travel throughout their territory and call upon new clients to develop new customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work along with Vice President of Sales to establish sales strategies and build customer relationships.
- Develop relationships with clients to understand key applications and generate customer driven product requirements.
- Achieve or exceed objectives by actively selling to clients in the field. Frequent travel will be required to visit customers in person. Develop a working knowledge of current and potential activities that may affect revenues. Utilize pre-call planning for increased effectiveness.
- Maintain contact with existing customers as well as develop new customers in order to achieve or exceed sales objectives.
- Presents sales presentations for internal and external customers.
- Provides quotes on prospective sales orders.
- Assists Vice President, Sales & Business Development with product trending and industry/market trending and may routinely gather account and client information.
- Participates in regional and national sales meetings.
- Interfaces with quality systems and manufacturing and quality management personnel on issues related to products in the field.
- Utilize the CRM database to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness and aid sales.
- Stay current on developments within the industry. Attends tradeshows.
- Utilize technical expertise and expanding customer relationships to identify areas of improvement and new product opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Vice President of Sales
- Bachelor’s degree - Life Sciences discipline
- Master’s degree in a business or science function preferred
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in sales in a highly technical/scientific industry
- Previous experience with a Contract Manufacturing Organization.
- Outstanding ability to build key customer relationships with the ability to educate and demonstrate technical value propositions in order to promote the company’s difference and possess an outstanding drive for excellence and results
- Superior ability to create and deliver highly professional, quality presentations
- High aptitude to learn technical and scientific information
- Detail oriented and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member
- Must be highly proficient Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce.com
West Region CA