Business Development Coordinator - Clinical OR Military Supply McDonough, GA
WHO: Healthcare Supply CompanyWHAT: Business Development CoordinatorWHEN: Immediate NeedWHERE: Hybrid - WHY: Current person is retiringSALARY: up to 100k base, plus 3 weeks of vacation
: You will visit Client sites once a monthPosition SummaryUnder the general direction of the Executive Director. Responsible for on-site interfacing with Customers’ Materials, Receiving, Accounts Payable Departments, and other departments as needed.
- Responsible for sales of Custom Procedure Trays and Packs to customers along with item conversion for distribution.
- Responsible for focusing on the customers’ needs and/or issues as it pertains to product conversions and CPT’s, while ensuring the clinical efficacy of the item.
- Will interface with Materials Managers and department, Operating Room Directors and other O.R. personnel, OB/GYN, Cath, Imaging, and other clinical personnel to assist in developing new CPT’s, reviewing current CPT’s, and making changes to existing CPT’s at customer’s request as well as supply chain item conversion.
- Also, will work with customers to determine if prototypes are needed in certain circumstances and will deliver prototypes and make changes to CPT’s prior to being signed off by the customer.
- Uses sales and customer service expertise to overcome issues in a concise, professional, and ethical manner.
- Will be required to attend O.R. Committee Meetings and Materials Manager meetings monthly for the purpose of staying in tune with our customers’ needs and changing environments.
- Will travel to multiple customer facilities to enable the company to provide optimum customer service, ensure that their needs are met, and provide on-site problem resolutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Manages relationship between Company and Materials Directors, Purchasing, Central Supply, Receiving, Accounts Payable and other customer personnel.
2. Visits all customers facilities on a scheduled basis to determine customers’ needs.
3. Identifies sales opportunities that will increase company sales that also ensures the customers, savings opportunities.
4. Schedules meetings with key contacts within facilities to ensure optimum customer service.
5. Schedules meetings with Materials, Purchasing, and Receiving Departments to ensure accuracy between company and customers.
6. Interfaces between Materials and Company Purchasing to provide cost savings opportunities where needed.
7. Serves as a liaison between hospitals and manufacturers to ensure accuracy of materials and supplies.
8. Develops relationships with hospital Accounts Payable personnel to proactively eliminate potential invoice payment delays.
9. Coordinates new customer onboarding activities.
10. Ensures all Company contracted items/vendors opportunities are taken by customer and be able to document why those might not be taken.
11. Coordinates customer conversions to Low Unit of Measure where applicable
12. Manage product conversions from Vendor A to Vendor B when the companies contracted manufacturer changes. Interface with customer, vendors, and internal contracting as needed to ensure smooth transitions.
13. Collaborates with other Company Customer Account Managers on special projects with customers as needed.
14. Coordinates changes and implementations of CPT’s ensuring clinical acceptability
15. Assist in substitutions for manufacturing back orders and recalls
• Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, and or clinical with a
broad knowledge of finance, sales and marketing, and or distribution preferred.
• Candidate must have experience in a clinical setting. Must be comfortable in the
operating room setting, including general knowledge of procedures, the sterile
field, back-table areas, and must be able to communicate comfortably with O.R.,
OB/GYN, Cath, Imaging, and other clinical personnel.
• Microsoft Excel “super-user”. Must be able to use proficiently for the purpose of
creating Members’ conversions worksheets, showing progress, costs, rebates,
shipping discounts, payment terms, etc.
• Excellent communication skills needed; both verbal, and via email.
• Advanced knowledge base of medical/surgical supplies
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options
• Able to effectively manage multiple competing tasks and priorities within a fastpaced environment.
• Knowledge and skill to gather and summarize data from multiple sources and
analyze using common statistical functions.
• Ability to lead and take initiative.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None Required. Clinical license preferred (RN, RT, ect)
Click here to apply online