Position: Business Data Analyst (Level 3) x 2 positions
Duration: 6 months, may be extended or may be converted to PERM
Location: Remote for now and later Downtown Toronto
Bank has built an on-premise data lake environment over the last few years as part of its integrated data and analytics strategy. While this strategy has successfully integrated the majority of bank’s data assets into an integrated platform and enabled a number of key Segment data strategies (e.g. Personal Banking and Wealth), a number of challenges and opportunities exist towards unlocking full potential of bank’s data assets in a timely and cost-effective manner. Bank’s target state Data and Analytics platform will be built on Azure Cloud to address the on-premise scalability and cost challenges, as well as realizing broader benefit from bank data assets.
By migrating data & analytics capabilities to cloud, bank aims to realize the following benefits:
- The cloud platform provides operational cost savings. It is a platform that will be kept current at a low cost to bank
- The cloud platform provides future proofing, it is operationally resilient to scale
- The cloud platform allows us to deliver value with speed and agility
- The cloud platform provides new capabilities that Microsoft will continue to grow as an industry leader, to support the bank's Data Strategy and deliver industry leading value
Bank envisions the Akora Cloud Migration to be a 2-year program, resulting in the decommissioning of its on-premise data lake environment, and on-premise users migrated to the new Azure Cloud environment.
To support Project the identified candidate will be required to:
- Responsible for documentation management for Business Operations and Project artifacts (ie. Operations Manuals, Business Process Documentation, procedural documentation, user guides, FAQs, etc)
- Mapping of processes (ie. current and future state) for Business Operations and creating high level and detailed process workflows
- Support development and/or integrated implementation of standards, policies, procedures, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize availability of service, efficiency and effectiveness across multiple functional areas.
- Implementation Support op model procedures
- Build and implement multiple in-take forms and automated workflow (i.e project intake, user access requests, support forms, issue/incident management processes, etc)
- Introduce higher levels of automation, reduce manual processes, streamline processes and identify and resolve business and process issues.
- Work closely with control partners (ie. Privacy, Risk, Security, TRMIS) to adhere to internal policies / procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines, contribute to the review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying potential opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Work and collaborate with Technology partners, business partners, and control partners to define interaction models and RACI
- Identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems by analyzing options/solutions which may include a technology component, but may also consist of process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and/or policy development
- Working collaboratively with technology partners, operational areas, vendors, business stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage business requirements
- Assessing, documenting and validating current states processes, understanding the problem statement and business needs to deliver effective solutions that address business problems and align to strategic business goals
- Gather required information and document/map current and future processes(Target Operating Models), provide input and recommendations to support process improvement
- Streamline and standardize procedures representing the process mitigate errors, reduce risk, providing consistency
- Review & evaluates company database(s), Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Supporting project delivery, testing and implementation activities to deliver business benefits and achieve business results/objectives
- Applying best practices for effective communication, relationship management and problem-solving with stakeholders/partners
- Lead a diverse range of stakeholders; communicates effectively by adapting style and technique to a diverse audience
- Analyze impacts to customers, stakeholders, employees, process, technology solutions to achieve business results
- Understand and clarify work packages of each assigned initiative/project inclusive of constraints (time, cost, people resources) and maintain a customer-centric approach
- Provide recommendations and direction based on the end to end customer experience when making decisions
- Lead and own the project deliverables related to business requirements to meet the needs of the customer, employee, and business
- Assess and ensure that customer and employee experience / stakeholder impacts are appropriately managed
- Engage appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage required outcomes of projects for the business
- Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the project sponsor, business project owner, project / program / portfolio manager to ensure they are aware of significant changes which impact requirements delivery against the overall project
- Respond to inquiries and escalate concerns from stakeholders and partners at all levels in the organization
- Identify and lead problem resolution to ensure customer needs are met
- Contribute to the application of change management best practices (e.g. stakeholder analysis, gap analysis, change planning, etc.)
- Collaborate with the project manager and business sponsor to identify and ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery of requirements
- Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems while assessing options and recommendations for prompt resolution
- Personality Style: Goal oriented; ability to work independently, strong leadership skills, collaborative & supportive, confident, proactive and takes initiative
- Able to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- 2-4+ yrs. solid Business Analyst & Data Analyst exp.
- Strong with verbal skills, BA writing, test use cases, process maps, change mgt., user guides, Interaction and target operating models
- Strong knowledge of Data Management, Data Governance and data concepts
- Experience in Azure, ETL as well as SQL.
- Knowledge of data modeling, data architecture, data dictionaries and Meta Data.
- Strong knowledge in Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, MS Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understand project delivery life cycle & release trains
- working on a large complex initiatives from a large scale initiative program/company
- Experience with Data Management, Data Governance, and working with large sets of data
- Experience with customer service and service desk
- Experience with Business Architecture
NICE TO HAVE:
- Degree/Certifications: SAFe / Business Analysis Accreditation / Azure
- from Finance industry
- Six Sigma green belt or greater desirable