Position: Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Officer (Level 1)
Duration: 12 months
Location: Remote for now and later Downtown Toronto
- Reporting to the Director, Business Continuity Management GWAM Segment, the Business Continuity Manager will provide support in implementing the Business Continuity framework and guide GWAM & General Accounts Business Units in developing, testing and maintaining their BCP programs in accordance with internal policy and standards.
- He/she will act as a subject matter expert in providing guidance to Business Units towards achieving targeted levels of business continuity planning and recovery objectives.
- He/she will also provide the relevant training to achieve a desirable level of preparedness to respond to, and recover from events that could disrupt the segment’s ability to provide services.
- Engage business units in business impact analysis to identify critical business resources and dependencies (identifying people, process, data, technology and other infrastructural resources as well as internal and external dependencies).
- Help business units identify and evaluate strategy options for the recovery of critical business resources. Guide business units to select appropriate cost-effective strategies to recover critical business resources at the business units.
- Guide business units to develop and document plans, procedures, associated roles and responsibilities necessary to recover critical business resources. Establish processes and reporting to ensure plans and procedures stay current and relevant.
- In collaboration with business units, develop, schedule and conduct BCP/DR tests in accordance with segment preparedness targets and overall governance requirements.
- Guide business units on the effective use of the enterprise BCP/DR software solution (Fusion) to manage continuity/recovery management information.
- Understand Segment key performance indicators, attestations and other governance requirements for business continuity management and leveraging these to measure and report on relevant metrics.
- Work with GWAM Segment IRM teams to identify areas of program improvement and drive execution through special projects and general working sessions.
- Work with the Global Risk Management team in the development of Business Continuity Management policies and standards; perform segment gap analyses and work with business units and technical teams to implement security policies and processes throughout the segment. Provide key metrics to indicate segment compliance with policies and standards.
- Help business units identify and evaluate strategy options for the recovery of critical business applications. Guide business units to select appropriate cost-effective strategies to recover critical applications.
- University Degree (Computer Science or Business preferred but not required).
- 5 - 8 + years of a progressive experience in BCP/DRP; experience with BCP/DR program enhancement in a large, complex organization strongly preferred.
- Professional certification in BCP/DRP: CBCP or MBCI strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate "body of knowledge" with industry best practices and ability to stay current in the BCP/DR field.
- Advanced technical knowledge Fusion Risk Management from an end-user perspective as well as administrative is a strong asset
- Strong PC skills (i.e. MS Office suite of products).
- Achievement oriented with proven project management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).