A growing Cape Town based, South African Software House, developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software is currently looking for experienced business analysts.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required for the Job
- Self-starter, able to manage individual responsibilities and also contribute successfully to team deliveries on complex, long term projects
- Strong analytical ability and abstract thinking to be able to gather business requirements effectively; create user stories and facilitate creation of the technical specifications
- Strong interpersonal skills. Listening attentively to requirements, in depth questioning, interpretation and ability to see the holistic view of the business and assess impact accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to document and present the results of analysis clearly and concisely
- Should have technical background or aptitude
- Ability to act as a bridge between the Product Owner, Client, Development Project Manager and the implementation team
- Must be able to interrogate and analyze data using Excel and SQL
Education and General Working Experience
- NB! Will Not Consider A CANDIDATE WHO DOES NOT HAVE 4 YEARS SOLID BUSINESS ANALYST EXPERIENCE
- RETAIL EXPERIENCE IS VERY IMPORTANT, EITHER IN A COMPANY WITH RETAIL CLIENTS ( PLEASE LIST CLIENTS IN CV ) OR FROM A RETAIL COMPANY
- Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential
- Minimum requirement is Matric with at least 7-10years of on the job work experience.
- Experience using Agile methodologies will be an advantage
- Exposure to Enterprise development will be a definite advantage
- Must have experience in a retail environment
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Create documentation eg. Catalogues, where required once the story or epic has been delivered before the sprint ends
- Work and collaborate closely with the Product Owner, QA, Architects and the developers on the team to meet sprint delivery
- Create user acceptance requirements
- Create mockups and specific examples using tools such as Visio, Balsamiq, and Draw.io etc where necessary to support user stories
- Elaborate user stories in Discovery sprint according to BA Definition of Done and Development Definition of Ready
- Conduct workshops with the client where necessary to complete elaboration process
- Create user stories in Jira and keep stories up to date
- When necessary, support Product Owner in conducting workshops with the client to gather high level requirements
- Convert high level business requirements received from the Product Owner into user stories, into the smallest testable units of work
- Working collaboratively as part of an Agile development team:
- Elaborating business requirements as created and prioritised by the Product Owner
- Deliver according to the Definition of Done requirement
- Collaborating with the Development Project Manager, Product Owner, Architects, Developers and Testers as required
- Support the development process by assisting developers and QA’s to understand the requirements
- Participate in planning meetings
- Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles every 2 weeks
- Participate in the Daily Standup meetings
- Participate in, and present demos where required
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201276 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.