A highly professional and experienced procurement manager is required to fulfil a consultant role within the Firmwide Sourcing department. In this role you will be responsible for the sourcing of Corporate Travel
- Working closely with the Global Sourcing Lead for Travel apply a specialist commercial focus to one of the largest categories of expenditure with the bank's third party suppliers. Working closely with business users, and negotiating commercial terms at a global level, the role will consistently deliver value to the business.
- Manage all day-to-day contractual and commercial requirements and issues arising within the areas of responsibility including, but not limited to, tender preparation, bid analysis, contract preparation and award, contract negotiation and administration, strategic vendor management and both internal, external representation of the procurement function.
- Lead the planning and development of procurement strategies and ensure these are implemented,where appropriate, on a global basis.
- Maintain up-to-date commercial and contractual knowledge of the market place and methods adopted by peer group organisations to ensure that best practices are continually evaluated, developed and implemented within the procurement group.
- Working either autonomously or closely with internal stakeholders to develop purchasing strategies and lead commercial negotiations with vendors - on a local, regional and global basis (where appropriate) - in an effort to develop strategic vendor relationships.
- Enhance the credibility of the function by working closely with internal customers whilst demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and commercial/legal expertise. :
- Educated to degree level, as a minimum,
- Must have extremely strong procurement experience in the following: Travel –Global
- Experience with dealing effectively with demanding stakeholders
- Knowledge of the Travel industry
- Supplier negotiation experience, incorporating commercial and legal terms
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to enable effective communication at the most senior levels. Should have the ability to get things done efficiently in a complex, multi-level, multi-functional organisation.
- Is able to lead, motivate, and develop internal relationships effectively at all levels.