Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Business Analyst to work with users to analyze and understand their business needs and processes. The successful incumbent will implement and document software solutions to meet the needs of business users and lead small project teams through software development projects.
- Work with users to analyze and understand their business needs and processes
- Author business and technical documents based on those needs
- Implement and document software solutions to meet the needs of business users
- Perform ad hoc reporting and data analysis for management staff
- Lead small project teams through software development projects
- Provide high-level IT / IS training to end users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years full-time work experience in Information Technology field
- Must have 3+ years of experience performing business requirements analysis.
- Possess strong data analysis skills
- Must be highly proficient writing SQL queries
- Must have direct experience or skills needed to manage IT projects
- Be able to write software code and transfer existing skills to other programming languages as needed
- Software development experience with .NET a plus
- Previous ERP system experience a plus
- SQL DBA experience a plus
- Previous SIOP experience a plus
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)