Our client is seeking a Business Analyst to join their organization for an upcoming project.
The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering requirements, developing workflow and system specifications, and execution of tasks required to deliver IT solutions in support of the enterprise data warehouse
- Requirements gathering from the business users and well as developing system specifications for projects, enhancements and bug/issues.
- Work directly with senior management to document requirements, review specifications, obtain approval, support UAT and post Production role out.
- Working with developers to ensure requirement specifications are understood and followed. Applications include both in house development as well as off the shelf software
- Supporting quality assurance and user acceptance testing
- Drive solutions via system modifications and/or workflow to implement new processes (automation, regulatory, SOX Audit etc.).
- Compiling detailed documentation for technical teams (architect, developers, QA, etc.) involved to be clear on the nature and scope of the item being worked on
- Issue resolution/escalation including prioritization and tracking of issues through the entire System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience working in the P & C insurance industry especially in a data warehousing environment
- Ability to work directly with executive and senior level management to determine and document requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of key insurance business processes and familiarity with a broad spectrum of Insurance applications.
- 5 to 7 years’ SDLC experience working on large data warehouse projects
- Ability to work with technical teams (developers, architects, QA, infrastructure) and business partners to document and implement changes/enhancements on time and within budget.
- Excellent team player with a proven background of individual contribution.
- Strong track record in building strong relationships with clients and business partners
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
- SQL skills to query SQL databases and experience in reporting and data validation / reconciliation a plus
- Experience with data marts and reporting tools a plus
- Data Modeling experience is required
Problem Solving Skills:
- Collaborate with users from many departments to resolve issues
- Work cross-functionally and think creatively, critically and strategically
- Able to translate business needs into efficient technical requirements
- Ability to effectively plan, facilitate, and participate in meetings with employees from all organizational levels
- Effective team player and collaborator
- Strong skills in prioritization and re-prioritization to react to a dynamic environment as our client continues to evolve
- Results driven; Ability to work independently; Self-starter
Education and Training:
- 4 year college degree required
- Insurance specific training or designation a plus
- Data Warehousing specific training a plus