Department: IT Immediate Supervisor: IT Manufacturing Director Job Purpose: (General Summary of functions)
Position: Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for in-depth business process requirements analysis, business process re-design, and translation of business related requirements into functional specifications that will lead into the configuration and/or development of effective systems solutions. You will also lead and/or participate in activities such as development of testing, training and other supporting documents, instruction of business users, deployment of solutions, and post go-live support. On a day-to-day basis, you will perform analysis and resolution of manufacturing issues and end-user support.
Job Dimension: (Number of people reporting directly to position)
Personnel in charge: 0
Job Relations: (Job positions with which the person required to relate to for an efficient performance of his/her functions)
Direct Internal Relations: BAs Manufacturing in all locations and Montreal head office, Project Managers and Developers.
Indirect Internal Relations: Operations / Planning and Plant users / Managers / Directors.
External Relations: IT Consultants. Major Job Functions
: (Detail of daily, periodic and occasional job functions)
1. Meet the quality system (GQS) requirements related to his/her job functions.
a. Understanding by quality system: Documentation, work method, and internal and external customer expectations related to a process, product or service.
2. To execute and to make sure the dispositions of Environment, Health and Safety are being complied.
3. Work closely with users and IT teams on the design, development and improvement of applications and business solutions to support all core processes related to manufacturing.
4. Lead and/or work within implementation teams, which may include external consultants, in projects where manufacturing systems or processes are involved.
5. Provide day-to-day support to manufacturing systems, including investigating and solving complex user questions.
6. Develop documentation for new processes, specifications, testing script, training material or proposals as required by the business.
7. Conduct reviews, walkthroughs, solution testing and end-user training activities to ensure that deliverables are achieved within accepted SDLC and PMO guidelines.
8. Understand existing/new applications and business processes to actively find opportunities and contribute to setup, process or solutions enhancements, and participate on their design, modeling and implementation.
9. Able to travel around Gildan facilities, including international locations.
10. Off-hours support based on pre-established schedule or business priority needs will be required.
11. Perform any other operation-related function indicated by immediate supervisor.Accountabilities:
Funds or Values: None.
Confidential Information: None.
Tools and Equipment:
Cell Phone / Laptop / Different types of software licensed by Gildan.
Competency Profile (Minimum Qualifications): Indicate the qualifications generally required to perform the functions assigned to this position.
Knowledge Education Bachelor Degree
– Industrial or Information Systems Engineering preferred.
English / Spanish communication skills, French is considered an asset.
Professional Experience Minimum 3 years use of JDE related to Manufacturing and Operations or ERP systems experience and implementation of IT projects.
Considered a plus, experience in:
• Analysis and design of corporate systems
• Conducting training
• Providing end user support
• Writing process and technical Documentation;
Technical Competencies Required
External Training Required: Comprehensive Business Analyst training. Internal Training Required:
1. GILDAN General Personnel Induction
2. (ISO 9001 Standard Interpretation Seminar/ Sensibilization towards Quality Seminar)
3. Job orientation includes:
• JDE World and Enterprise One.
• DSI app
• DC Link
Skills & Abilities Specific Competencies required Skills
Mental Analytical skills & Problem solving
Change Management - Able to adapt to changing priorities
Systems and process oriented
Willing to be a constant learner
Physical Physical/ Medical Examination
Normal Hearing Ability.
Behavior Attitudes Good interpersonal skills.
Customer service oriented.
Facilitation and negotiation skills.
Leadership and influencing capabilities.
Teamwork – Leader or member, Local or remote.Click here to apply online