We are looking for a Business Analyst who will be part of the vital link between our Customer & Virtual team, Clients and the business objectives. Supporting and contributing to the analytical, building, testing, deployment and operational tasks of our software products. The role is also responsible for managing daily operational issues via the Service Desk and prioritizing accordingly with the team members.Responsibilities
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
- Support the Sponsor/Project Owner in their efforts to guide the project’s implementation activities, including the requirements planning stage and the management of change requests
- Analyse the current business systems process and design the “to be” business systems process by using the identified design principles and document the ideas by working through increasing levels of design detail
- Analyse requirements from business and document the technical feasibility
- Liaise with internal teams to design a solution and document that solution in its entirety
- Create user stories, use cases and functional specifications according to the Business Requirements
- Ability to effectively translate business requirements in technology terminology
- Ability to explain technical issues back to business for decision making responsibilities
- Presenting comprehensive solution demonstrations to clients and colleagues
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to development team
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
- Manage the Service Desk queries and user requests
- Mentor the team with regards to Business Analysis principles and documentation standards
- Relevant BA qualification (FTI)
- Formal tertiary qualification will be to your advantage
- At least 10 years work experience in the Retail/IT Industry
- At least 5 years work experience in a Business Analyst role
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Be well organized and understand the product development process
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Experience in the listed responsibility areas will be to your advantage
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201650 subject heading or email body.
- The natural tendency to take ownership and responsibility (Owner-Manager Culture)
- The ability to make quick, sound decisions
- The ability to form relationships with clients and fellow colleagues
- Consider the bigger picture as well as the detail, when making decisions
- Strong problem solving, effective planning, organisational and budgeting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be motivating, inspiring and influential
- Above all, be passionate about what you do
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.