- Paralegal is a plus but not required. Need someone who has worked with legal documents. Working in a collections field is helpful as they understand the terms and procedures involved.
- Detail oriented, able to handle a high volume caseload and good communication skills.
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm’s businesses.
The Global Wealth Management Group at is currently seeking analysts in the Levy and Garnishment Unit (LGU) for the Baltimore, MD location. The LGU is responsible for analyzing and complying with levies, garnishments, temporary restraining orders, Court Orders, and other similar forms of legal process served upon the Firm with respect to client accounts. The LGU also receives requests from the Firm’s branch offices and other areas regarding client accounts.
Levy and Garnishment Analysts will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing any form of legal process and other documentation assigned to him/her to determine if the Firm is in possession of property subject to the Levy. Then, if necessary, restricting that property according to the terms of the legal process and other documentation and complying with all of its terms and conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Client service skills
- Ability to work well with people at different levels in the organization
- Must be able to interpret and analyze court documents and agreements
- Must have the ability to interact in a mature and professional manner with a variety of individuals
- Must exhibit excellent judgment, initiative and adherence to deadlines
- Must be able to interact with Firm clients and the willingness to receive and apply feedback on work product from the Supervisor
- Prior experience in a law firm or legal department is preferred
- Computer proficiency including, but not limited to: Windows Microsoft Office, Internet and Website Knowledge and navigation skills
- Bachelor or Associate’s degree preferred