Location: New York, NY 10036
Our client's Human Resources Department is looking for an Associate to support the HR coverage group in managing the Technology population. This role is a unique opportunity to become part of a team of strategic Human Resource professionals dedicated to serving our clients in all aspects of their day-to-day needs. The person who holds this position will act as a primary contact and field questions on general human resources matters as well as have ownership of the project portfolio for the Technology HR coverage team. This individual will have exposure to all areas of Human Resources within the organization.
Communication within the department and externally will be a key factor for success in this position. The ability to interact remotely with clients and handle high volumes of work will be a large factor of success in this role.
The primary duties of this position consist of the following:
• Ensure proper support in all steps of the employees’ life cycle.
• Handle general human resources queries related payroll, benefits, policy and leaves, among others.
• Support and assist generalists on HR processes such as performance evaluations, promotion, talent, learning and development initiatives, diversity projects, and compensation.
• Liaise with comp/data teams to ensure clients’ data needs and requirements are met.
• Provide assistance with mobility and international transfer scenarios as required
• Support managers on documenting and communicating performance feedback.
• Assist in administration of leaves of absence and coordinate with the firm’s disability leave provider on escalated disability issues.
• Execute on training and development opportunities for Technology employees
• Support the “year-end” process (Performance Evaluation, Compensation, Promotion).
• Ensure participation and HR representation in cross divisional projects and committees
•Engagement in Adhoc projects.
• Level of Education: Undergraduate degree
• Experience/Exposure in junior HR generalist function: 2-4 years of appropriate professional experience
• Financial Services experience is strongly preferred
• A strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, verbal and written skills.
• A team orientation with strong influencing skills and demonstrated ability or aptitude for team leadership.
• The ability to deal with the uncertainties of an evolving, dynamic organization.
• Computer Literacy: Strong working knowledge of MS Office, particularly advanced Excel skills is preferred
• Proven track-record of project management from inception to completion
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage long term projects while effectively addressing day-to-day responsibilities
• Workday knowledge a plus.