The team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of Product data for the firm. The candidate will report to the Product Operations team leader in Baltimore and have diverse responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
• Identifying, defining and coordinating development of rules to monitor the data quality of securities reference data (incl. equities, listed derivatives and fixed-income products and pricing) against external data providers (incl. Bloomberg and Reuters) and direct exchange feeds.
• Acquiring an intricate knowledge of the Firm’s product data, flow of the data in the firm systems, impact of poor quality data, building the ability to understand the wider environment and question data integrity.
• Root-cause analysis of data quality exceptions to determine trends in the data, identify inaccuracies in external data providers' feeds and recommend opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity.
• Communication and organisational skills as well as attention to detail and a readiness to escalate issues with a sense of urgency are of importance.
• Escalation of potential/current risks.
Skills required (Highly Preferred)
• Finance Graduate ( B.Com/M.Com/MBA in Finance/Equivalent Degree in Finance)
• Some understanding of financial services.
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Ability to quickly digest new information and learn new businesses and processes.
• Result-focused mindset.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Exposure to Technical Skills (sql, database, macros,etc)