Temp Technical Business Analyst II Lvl 2
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Rate: $21.34
Work Location: 1300 Thames Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Top 3 Skills: Kanban Management; Organization; Verbal and Written communication.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Fraud Operations, Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations, and Divisional Management. Fraud Operations is a global organization responsible for assessing, mitigating, and preventing fraudulent activities across multiple product lines and services in order to protect the firm and its clients.
This team is an Operations-based business analysis and project/program management team that partners with Operations, IT, Finance and the Business Units to specify and deliver the technology and process necessary to support firm-wide fraud prevention initiatives. Deliverables will include both strategic and tactical enhancements and business enablement projects arising out of the dynamic nature of this business. As a result, the candidate can expect to work on a number of projects, varying in scale, and to work across the different phases of the project lifecycle.
The successful candidate will work closely with Fraud Operations groups as well as other stakeholders across the Firm. The role requires the candidate to have an understanding of system architecture principles, project management fundamentals, and process analysis and design best practices. The successful candidate must also be able to analyze the commercial impact of business decisions.
The successful candidate will operate across multiple projects, performing a variety of functions and must be:
- A skilled Project Manager with a strong track record managing in an agile environment
- A strong proponent of Kanban
- Motivated and excited by a role with changing priorities and objectives
- A good team player
The candidate should be a dynamic individual who has a solid understanding of process engineering and a strong project management discipline. This individual must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, be able to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously, feel comfortable communicating with all levels of staff and have a history of consistently executing against plan. The successful candidate will be able to conduct activity and cost analysis, process mapping, and constraints analysis and root cause identification. The candidate will also help develop solutions for mitigating identified risks/issues and/or improving efficiency.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Kanban Management and Reporting
- Establishing governance around program reporting, tracking of risks and issues, epic status and deliverables
- Tracking and reporting status on all epics being completed by individuals across Operations
- Working with the stakeholders to prioritize work and drive milestones
- Documenting business requirements
- Agile Project Management
- Tracking and reporting status on cross-divisional projects being completed by individuals across Operations
- Relationship Management
- Developing an effective network of relationships across Operations
- Influencing and collaborating effectively with project resources not in the same reporting line
- Minimum of 3 years process improvement, business analysis, and Agile experience
- Clear understanding of project management and business analysis approaches. Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects through the various phases of project management lifecycle.
- Experience in business process engineering methodology
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and define approaches to bring un-focused issues to resolution
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Fluency with MS Office and Jira
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills
- Self-starter, ability to work with limited supervision
- Confidence, poise and ability to work at all levels of an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project experience for financial services industry clients/or major consulting firms
- Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner Certification