Top 3 Skills: Communication, Problem Solving, Organization, Customer Service.
The Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
Within ISGPO, The Commission Management Operations team supports clients that have traded with the Equity, Listed Derivative, and Swaps Sales Desks and have agreements with the Commission Management Business Unit in New York. The team performs daily, weekly, and monthly trade reconciliations for clients' commission-sharing account balances based on predefined agreements with the trading desk. The team’s primary functions include resolving trade and balance exceptions, oversight of the offshore vendor at TCS, producing monthly statements, reconciling, processing client payments, processing adjustment journals and initiating new 3rd party vendor set-ups. Team responsibilities also include ensuring the CMG client is properly set up to receive credit on trade activity by setting up the agreement in trade allocation systems as well as liaises with the cash client processing booking teams to ensure trades are booked at the proper commission rates on trade date, thus mitigating adjustments to P&L.
- A line Professional Operations Specialist executes Operations processes and/or supports process management and project efforts. This individual may be part of a team of specialists operating within a region and for a particular product
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of the processes, projects, systems, markets and instruments that influence their team
- Analyzes and exposes ambiguous or complex issues, identifies root causes and proposes future actions
- Ensures Compliance Courses and Policies are completed on a timely basis
- May be required to build and manage relationships on a day to day level with Business Unit partners, other infrastructure departments, and external contact points in Client organizations
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve business process. Confer with personnel of relevant organizational units to analyze current operational procedures and identify problems
- Study existing information-processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develop new system specifications to improve production or workflow as required