Demand Power Group is a North American electricity supplier and Smart Energy company that provide integrated solutions to medium and large electricity consumers through their utilities as a no-cost service. Combining their expertise in energy retail, Intelligent Power systems and finance, they reduce energy costs and enhance power system reliability at their customer’s commercial and industrial facilities.
The Business Analyst is a key member of the sales and operations teams and is responsible for supporting the growth of all commercial & industrial distributed energy resource initiatives across North America, and specifically Ontario. The Senior Business Analyst will work to understand the market for distributed energy resources to develop business cases as needed.
In this role, you will conduct a wide range of operational, financial and/ or technical analyses to support management in evaluating opportunities and value creation.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Develop a thorough understanding of our business, distributed energy resources including battery storage operation and generators, and the energy markets
- Collect and analyze US and Canadian utility data to conduct quantitative and qualitative research for commercial and industrial sites to perform financial analyses on the feasibility of early-stage projects and/or new markets
- Conduct statistical analysis for economic valuation of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs), with a focus on energy storage and/or solar + storage and/or generators
- Prepare reports, presentations, agreements and other documentation as required for customers and internal purposes
- Present research and insights to all levels of the company and work with cross-functional teams to execute and iterate
- Work closely and coordinate with othes in DPGI, to support business objectives
- Compile competitive and market activities, and provide recommendations to the business to drive performance improvements
- Assist the business development and sales team with other ad hoc efforts including addressing and coordinating customer needs
- Lead ad-hoc analytical projects based on strategic priorities
- Maintain professional relationships proactively with key personnel and stakeholders on an ongoing basis
What you must bring to this role:
Only those who are qualified will be contacted.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years of relevant business analyst experience
- Top notch quantitative, analytical and financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated interest or experience in any of the following would be a strong asset: energy market fundamentals, market design, policy, electricity rate design, energy storage, Generators, or renewables
- Understanding of energy policy, regulatory and market design drivers and how they shape opportunities for distributed energy resources
- Experience with North American independent system operators (e.g. IESO, CAISO, ISO-NE, NYISO, ERCOT, etc.) and other international energy markets
- Self-starter that enjoys operating autonomously with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with both internal and external partners
- Collaborative, curious and self-motivated team player
- High proficiency in computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Must be able to work to work in an office environment