Business Analyst I Level 1
Duration: 7 Months
Pay Rate: $16.92
Work Location: 1300 Thames Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Top 3 Skills: 1) Communication (with team, with business partners), 2) Due Diligence (review of client profile and client documentation to identify potential discrepancies), and 3) Multi-tasking (ability to keep track of multiple due diligence requests and share status updates with management and business partners as appropriate).
MSPBNA’s Operational and Regulatory Risk Team has responsibility for the design and implementation of the Bank’s Operational Risk and Regulatory Compliance programs in the Business Unit as the First Line of Defense. Responsibilities of the team include Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Reputational Risk reviews associated with MSPBNA’s client base.
The AML Risk Associate is responsible for First Line Unit functions supporting the Bank, including, but not limited to, Enhanced Due Diligence and Negative News Screening at client on-boarding and as part of continuous monitoring. The AML Risk Associate will be dedicated to supporting the growth of the International Banking and Lending business by ensuring that appropriate client onboarding due diligence processes are enacted in an efficient and risk-focused manner.
The AML Risk Associate responsibilities will include:
• Perform Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence for Wealth Management and Private Banking clients including reviewing customer data and documentation to satisfy BSA/AML Compliance requirements and Quality Control reviews
• Active pipeline management and engagement with Financial Advisors, Complex Management and Risk Officers to onboard new and existing International Banking & Lending client relationships
• Partner with the business, operations, compliance and risk partners to ensure appropriate client on-boarding due diligence processes are enacted while providing a positive client experience
• Have 1-2 years of relevant experience in BSA/AML Compliance
• Have an undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or other related field
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite
• Experience with AML, Know Your Customer (KYC), US banking regulations and/or US brokerage regulations
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
• Ability to work both independently and with team members, under tight deadlines
• Ability to handle highly confidential information professionally and with appropriate discretion
Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve business process. Confer with personnel of relevant organizational units to analyze current operational procedures and identify problems. Write detailed description of user needs, as well as functional and/or technical specifications. Review current business process, workflow and scheduling limitations. Study existing information-processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develop new system specifications to improve production or workflow as required. Prepare workflow charts and diagrams. Requires 1-3 years prior experience.