Business Admin Apprentice
Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Business Admin Apprentice.
Closing Date End of June.
- 2 year Apprenticeship
- 38 hours per week
- Working hours -Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 4:00pm and Friday 7:30am - 1:30pm
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To support all office based areas of the business, this is a 2 year apprenticeship working towards a Level 3 Certificate in Business Administration, supported through the local college. Assisting in the day to day operational work of the Magellan team in a variety of fields.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Dealing with employees and external contacts at all levels, in person, on the phone and in writing
- Producing typed letters, memos and other documents using Microsoft Office
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Printing, scanning and photocopying confidential documentation
- Inputting and maintenance of data
- Assisting with preparation of management presentations/minute taking
- Arranging meetings, events and refreshments when required
- Preparation of documentation for Induction/Training/Business Update
- Keep notice boards up to date with relevant information
- Attend college as and when required, and complete all work within the deadlines set
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with the company Health & Safety policy and procedures. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by management in support of the business.
- Good general education
- Previous working background desirable
- Experience of working as a team desirable
- Strong communications, both written and verbal
- Awareness of confidentiality and data protection
- Ability to work to deadlines, both within the working environment and with college work
- IT literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!