Be the champion for biocontrol in the North American and International marketplace!
Our client is an established Canadian, rapidly-growing leader in IPM biological controls. The company specializes in the development, production, sale and distribution of beneficial insects, mites and nematodes and bioinsecticides. With the collaboration of their customers and distribution partners, their goal is to reduce the use of synthetic insecticides in the environment, both locally and globally. They offer proven ecological and innovative solutions to control insects and mites that damage horticultural and agricultural crops in greenhouses and fields. In this way, they enable farmers to grow their crops and produce quality food in an environmentally sustainable way.
With domestic production capacity, they have a distinct advantage in the marketplace and deliver extra value to their customers by providing fresh, highly viable, high quality and highly effective biocontrol products combined with excellent customer service.
Culturally, our client expresses a family-oriented environment in which employee training and development are priorities.
They currently seek to add a Business and Product Development Manager to their team. Reporting to the General Manager and as an active member of the senior management team, you will play a key role in the growth and expansion of the company domestically and internationally. You will assume responsibility for the business in Canada, US, Mexico, South America and additional international markets. Priority activities will include managing existing business, discovering new business opportunities, maintaining market intelligence, building strategic plans by country market, identifying new distribution opportunities, developing and presenting business proposals, and securing those partnerships.
This high-impact role is home-office based, with a Canadian location preferred; a US location will also be considered.
In this unique, diversified role, your responsibilities will include:
- Build a strategic business plan for the new and existing markets
- Understand and guide the registration team to focus on the better markets and channel by region/country
- Primary focus will be to actively pursue/qualify new accounts, markets, and products that match core competencies
- Support and grow product sales to increase revenue, profit and overall growth within regions
- Conduct research and analysis in evaluating potential business opportunities and develop financial business opportunity models illustrating desired returns on investment
- Help develop a reliable monthly revenue and volume forecast
- Prospect, identify and develop new distribution channel opportunities
- Visit, plan and provide support to distributors partners, trade shows and special events
- Provide training and sales/service support
- Continuously initiate contact with current and prospective customers
- Communicate information from distributors to the appropriate personnel and management groups
- Maintain high level of product and technical knowledge
This role will emphasize Business Development. Expectation for travel as required, to domestic and international business locations. International business is primarily with distributors, wholesalers, large dealer groups, and smaller dealers.
As an ideal candidate for this full-time, permanent opportunity, your qualifications and experience will include:
- Direct sales related experience within the agricultural industry – strong knowledge of the Canadian, US and Mexico AG, horticulture, turf and/or retail business
- Well-honed interpersonal skills
- Competent business acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Proven track record in sales and revenue growth
- Critical thinking skills with exceptional problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong written communication skills with an excellent command of the English language
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Able to work, interact and function in a team
- Ability to work independently
- Possess a valid driver’s license and passport
- Must be able to travel regularly
Our client offers a competitive compensation package reflecting experience and qualifications, consisting of base salary, incentive opportunity, travel expense reimbursement and more.
If this sounds like the kind of immediate opportunity on which you would like more information, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or email Mike Bachner, VP, Practice Leader and Senior Recruiter on this file, today! email@example.com Confidentiality is assured.
Not the position for you? Ask about our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada or the US can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada or the US, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada or the US will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
www.facebook.com/GRSRecruiters https://www.linkedin.com/company/grasslands-group @GRS_RecruitersClick here to apply online