Reviews CAD drawings, produces Project Bills of Material/Takeoffs per customer contract and creates specialized CAD details for complex building issues to aid in building specifications.
- Gather information (proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents) through quantitative processes.
- Manage a variety of single story, bi-level, and multi-story projects and light gage/cold formed steel projects simultaneously, with the goal of providing a fully reviewed, responsible, accurate, and on time estimate and/or takeoff.
- Prepare accurate takeoff information for self-storage facilities.
- Interpret and read architectural, engineering and structural drawings.
- Design parts and create Bills of Material/Takeoffs based on written and verbal descriptions from design engineers.
- Ensure drawings and Bills of Material/Takeoffs convey the correct information and are error free.
- Maintain knowledge of all building elements/parts.
- Integrate previous building design with current building designs.
- Prepare and input gathered data into Excel summary spreadsheet.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in related field of study preferred.
- Minimum of two years previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
- Proficient computer skills required; Outlook email, Word, Excel,
- Able to read, interpret, and use blueprints and other customer-supplied documentation.