Required independently of detailed instructions to perform/plan all operations necessary to set-up/operate CNC/Manual Broach machines for all purposes to which machines are or may be adapted. May be required to perform the function of “Machinist-1”.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Flexible work hours
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Work to a general plan of the operations required which may be given by blueprints, dimensioned sketches or process sheets & operations sheets, tool-out charts, oral instructions depending on the complexity of the work
• Perform tool proving & training functions related to all broaching operations
• Use precision measuring attachments, indicators to align work-holder tool holders, tool & attachments to check the dimensions of work & cutting tools
• Experience using CNC & Manual Broach Machines, work holders, gauges, templates, hand tools, cutters and cutting tools
• Formal Education and/or related 5-7 years’ work related experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably Aerospace.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities.