An International Steel Manufacturer is seeking a Branch Manager for one of their Service Centers in Montreal. The location requires an experienced Branch Manager with a proven track record of leadership and commercial success, who will oversee various branch activities. The Branch Manager will be responsible for leading a diverse team of people in a wide variety of roles as well as interfacing with customers and vendors alike. The overall responsibilities include warehouse, sales, operations and administration.
- Establishing, communicating, and ensuring the implementation of commercial strategies, plans and policies required for the efficient, cost-effective achievement of business and profitability objectives.
- Directing a team-oriented workforce to achieve and/or exceed employee and customer satisfaction business and profit objectives.
- Collaborating with sales personnel on sales forecasts, product and customer standards and requirements.
- Collaborating with other senior leadership team members in the deployment and implementation of the Company’s continuous improvement program and goals through LEAN.
- Developing and recommending annual operating budget by performing ongoing analysis and review of business performance and expenditures.
- Implementing systems which provide an ongoing review of warehouse operations, inventory and equipment utilization
- Functioning as the senior escalation point in the investigation and resolution of customer satisfaction and/or quality matters.
- Assessing staff performance strengths and development needs.
- Collaborating with the management team in the creation of training plans to develop or maintain the skills necessary to meet position requirements, industry standards, and to evaluate staff promotability.
- Participate in the ongoing development, and implementation of Quality Assurance programs and ISO standards.
- Participate in the review and determination relative to all equipment and capital expenditures within the warehouse arena. Solicit, review and recommend purchases, vendors, suppliers and partnership relationships.