Our client seeks an experienced, Branch Manager to assume responsibility for their Falher location; one of the earliest agricultural communities in the Peace River Country. This is a well-established crop input retail facility in the Honey Capital of Canada. The company has developed a reputation for great customer and employee engagement and is poised to remain the leaders in the markets they serve. Glassdoor.ca indicates a 3.7 rating with the company winning multiple awards including Canada's Top 100 Employers (2019 and 2020), Canada's Best Employers (2019), 50 Most Engaged Workplaces (2019), Most Attractive Employers (2019), and Saskatchewan's Top Employers (2020).
Ultimately, you would be responsible - and well-compensated for - all site responsibilities related to financial, sales, and operational functions. If you'd thrive in a rural, farm-centric setting, 170 km north-east of Grande Prairie, Alberta, we invite you to keep reading!
Do you have the following qualifications?
- A minimum of five years' experience of progressive responsibility with an agri-retailer.
- Applicable post-secondary education in agriculture, agri-business, or equivalent; direct experience with crops, pesticides, and fertilizers is key.
- A proven track record in sales, marketing, or branch management.
- Safety oriented in thoughts and actions.
- Excellent written and oral communication in small and large groups.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and influence.
- Effective time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
- Able to conduct and present yourself professionally.
- Willing to complete backgrounding (criminal, substance testing) and provide a driving abstract.
- Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Does the scope of your experience allow you the confidence to:
- Review, develop, implement and manage the Business Plan.
- Plan and oversee the operating budget; ensuring cost-effective management.
- Direct the daily operations of the facility safely, efficiently, and profitably.
- Work with sales staff to achieve operational objectives and take action as required.
- Ensure outstanding customer service.
- Human Resource management related to hiring, coaching, training, and performance management.
- Regularly reporting to regional management the success and challenges.
- Ensure proactive maintenance of facilities to ensure a safe working environment.
- Retail auditing and inventory management.
- Capital budget analysis and recommendations.
- Liaison with internal and external contacts.
- Oversee and manage accounts payables and receivables.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally might like more information on, feel free to apply directly or contact email@example.com to confidentially establish your interest and your intent to proceed. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online