Performs accounting duties related to the cash management of all Association business.
Maintains files and records essential to all aspects of the financial management of the Association. Provides administrative assistance to the Director, Finance.
- Accounts payable processing to include:
- Bi-weekly check runs/preparation of check requests for USPOULTRY, USPOULTRY Foundation, and PPFC
- Research and processing of vendor inquiries, billing disputes and charge card inquiries
- Process electronic payments, including ACH transactions to vendors
- Monthly close
- Back up & support for A/P Specialist
- Accounts receivable processing to include:
- Preparation of daily credit card payment batch controls and posting
- Post checks and ACH/wires received
- Daily cash position & activity report
- Processing customer invoicing, credit vouchers and maintenance of credit memo/chargeback records
- Review, reconciliation and processing of daily cash receipts; preparation of bank deposits
- Daily reconciliation of database cash receipts to accounting system
- Daily import/export of accounting data between Accounting System and Intranet database systems
- Membership accounting, including annual membership dues invoicing.
- Assist with monthly close
- Monthly bank account reconciliations - reconciles bank accounts for all Association accounts.
- Maintains customer files in the accounting system
- Maintains Research Grant accounting records to include monthly reconciliation with research
department reconciliation submittals.
- Updates inventory maintains asset listings and files; prepares associated reports.
- Maintains accounting and investment files.
- Assists in organization, assembly and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures manuals.
- Ensures shredding financial refuse.
- Other duties as assigned.
International Production and Processing Expo (IPPE)
- Processes receipts for all programs to include registration for IPPE and IPSF, booth space payments and marketing programs.
- Maintains daily, weekly and annual cash reconciliation records for all programs.
- Assist in managing registration cash office:
- Supervises cashiers for IPSF attendee registration
- Supervises cashiers for IPPE attendee and exhibitor registration
- Reconciles cash receipts
- Assists in cash management for attendee and exhibitor registration.
POSITION SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Highly developed organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Excel proficiency.
- Experience with integrated accounting systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to achieve maximum proficiency.
- Business & Financial Acumen: Understands how financial transactions impact the company’s operations. Recognizes errors and takes appropriate actions.
- Building Trust: Follows company’s principles and values. Takes personal responsibility.
- Initiative: Takes advantage of experience, looks for better way to accomplish tasks, and makes recommendations.
- Communications & Listening: Maintains good communication with all internal and external partners. Able to hear and translate requests into actions.
Minimum three years accounting experience; prefer accounting, finance or related business degree.
Click here to apply online