The Assistant Accountant assists with the administration of weekly and monthly billings, Accounts Payable and Receivable, resolving invoice discrepancies, assists in the preparation of data for government remittances and record keeping. You will be accountable for providing timely responses to customer requests, assisting account managers with customer billing inquiries, and proactively working through accounts receivable duties. This role will also provide finance support as needed.
- Support the day-to-day financial operations and accounts receivable/payable duties
- checking and entering all bills that are sent by vendors;
- Assist with the weekly and monthly invoicing
- Assist with entering and reconciling invoices and collections into QuickBooks
- Assist with various finance and revenue cycle projects and reporting
- Assist in accounts payable organization (including receipt verification and data input into QB)
- Process credit card payments with proper GL coding.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare all cheques required for signing
- Communicate with customers regarding their accounts receivable balance
- Communicate with vendors, clients, and insurance carriers.
- Prepare financial reports as requested by supervisor.
- Reconcile general ledger balances.
- Perform general office duties
- Work closely with the finance team to provide support as required
In this area, you will be responsible for the petty cash float; keeping track of the balances of the various bank accounts and credit cards; providing financial reports as needed; working with outside firms for year-end taxes; making payments on the quarterly and monthly taxes; and maintaining an accurate and organized collection of files throughout the year.
Relationships with Others’ Jobs:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Payroll and Accounting Staff
- Business Unit Managers and team members
- Employee and contractors
- Business Diploma with a concentration in accounting
- 3+ years experience in an accounting environment
- Experience with Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, bank reconciliations,
- Experience with General Ledger, coding transactions and journal entries, entering data into general ledger
- Experience using Excel (advanced) and Quickbooks
Knowledge and Skills:
We will look at Part-time or contract employees.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with accounting principles is an asset
- Experience in revenue cycle/billing is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (strong Excel)
- Prior use of QuickBooks is an asset
- Previous start-up experience is an asset