Body Shop Manager
$100K base plus commission based on department’s monthly gross profit and excellent benefits.
The Body Shop Manager supervises the day-to-day operations of the body shop, schedules the flow of work in the shop, manages body shop technicians, visits customers, provides estimates for customers, inspects work done to ensure quality. Responsible for the supervision of 7 employees.
Day-to-Day Body Shop Management Duties
- Provides customer service for department.
- Visits customers.
- Oversees estimates prepared for customers.
- Itemizes invoices after work is finished.
- Opens and closes repair orders.
- Approves expenditures for department.
- Approves outsourcing of services.
- Prepares forecasts and sets annual budget.
- Reviews monthly budget and department performance reports.
- Generates ideas for creating new revenue streams.
- Attends monthly management meetings with Sr. VP of Operations and present financial report.
- Monitors purchase orders (expenditures).
- Schedules expenditures.
- Monitors revenue.
- Reviews technician’s Efficiency Reports.
- Reviews Work in Progress Reports.
- Reviews open and close orders.
- Monitors invoicing and billing.
- Monitors and tracks insurance.
- Studies trends to determine how to increase profitability of department.
- Selects body shop technicians for hire.
- Disciplines, including termination, body shop technicians.
- Supervises quality of work performed.
- Tracks and monitors efficiency and productivity of technicians.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the body shop.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations.
- Establishes departmental goals with management team.
- Develops and communicates the company’s values, vision and mission.
- Enforces company’s policies and procedures.
- Provides training, scheduling, assigning, coaching, counseling to body shop technicians.
- Communicates job expectations and monitors progress.
- Appraises and reviews job contributions.
- Motivates and retains quality personnel.
Skills and Qualifications
- More than seven years’ experience in body shop trucking industry.
- Service Manager experience preferred.
- Body Shop Manager preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Sets goals and priorities.
Interested candidates, please contact Kristin Frank at 602-788-5890 x.124 or via email at email@example.com.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!