Our client, a well-known Lumber and Building Materials Pro-Dealer on Cape Cod, is looking for a Blueprint Takeoff Specialist. Qualified individuals will have experience in generating material takeoffs and estimates from blueprints, construction documents, and specifications provided by the customer to the sales team member. Materials include all frame to finish products such as millwork, framing lumber, EWP, exterior and interior products, decking, etc. This company exudes a strong sense of teamwork on the job as well as in their communities. Their employees are skilled and educated professionals with fun, friendly, can-do attitudes which emanate confidence, quality and personality. Position Responsibilities:
- Review orders submissions from sales department for receipt of specification form and a sufficient amount of information to provide accurate quotes/estimates
- Analyze plan drawings and confirm drawings are to scale in order to produce a thorough and accurate material takeoff list
- Confirm and enter in complete submissions through order entry system
- Take and process off site requests for other branches, assembling electronic plans into single file print drawings, and ship as needed
- Generate take offs, quotes, and/or parts lists using DQ estimating software and Agility POS
- Coordinate with salesperson and/or customer to clarify drawing inconsistencies, architectural and structural design discrepancies, request additional information, and answer questions that arise during the takeoff process
- Recommend alternative design options and/or products for design improvements or budget concerns to salesperson and customer
- Maintain and organize both the electronic and hardcopy filing of specifications and parts lists
Pay commensurate with experience (+ or - range listed) and includes annual bonus based on team initiatives. Our client offers excellent benefits and incentives, paid holidays, vacations and 401K. SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nationwide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm."Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact Kammey directly at 603.725.4063.
- 3+ years’ experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of building material applications including framing lumber, engineered wood products, roofing, siding, exterior trim, porch and deck materials, etc.
- Knowledge of various construction systems especially wood frame construction along with a basic understanding of building codes
- Strong math skills and competency in basic geometry
- Will have experience in material take-offs and estimating
- Computer software knowledge including DQ estimating, Agility, MS Word, MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Communication proficiency both orally and written
- Detail oriented; problem solver; organized with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Team player with a positive attitude
- A strong desire for learning, applying and sharing knowledge in the spirit of advancement