Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has an exciting opportunity for a Blaster. In this full time position, the successful incumbent will be responsible for making sure products are processed to the proper procedures and standards as specified by the route cards with or without direct supervision. The Associate is responsible to keep the area clean and hazard free, load and unload materials and products, feed material into process equipment, mark product as required and maintain equipment to preventative maintenance standards. Please note this shifts operates under the day shift.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
- Performs masking and unmasking operations per instructions, as required
- Assist in loading and unloading of parts
- Perform blast operation on various sized parts, using all blasting equipment types
- Verify all internal procedures and customer requirements are followed and met, including accurately inputting data onto Route Card
- Maintain the work area in a clean, safe and hazard free manner
- Track supplies and ask Supervisor to order in a timely manner and maintain an accurate list of materials and supplies for ordering purposes
- Train entry level personnel
- Contribute to 6S and continuous improvement efforts
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of working in an industrial environment preferably, however other experience will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories.
- Must be able to write legible notes and correspondence in English.
- Ability to speak and communicate well with coworkers and superiors in English.
- Spanish knowledge would be a plus
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and 100 lbs on occasion.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.