My client seeks a Software Engineer for a new role in their Bioinformatics group -- working to create scalable, high quality solutions to meet the demands of their rapidly growing biotech business. This work will be done in a team environment with constant communication among team members. The work environment requires multi-tasking and delivering quality work on multiple projects while meeting deadlines in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will take on the following tasks:
· Develop and maintain parallelized C++ data analysis and processing pipelines
· Use computer vision, contribute to signal processing and data integration, and implement machine learning capabilities.
· Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize performance and expand scalability and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
· Expand core protocol and upgrade video and data capture.
· Map and spec high priority projects.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
· Experience developing and maintaining C/C++ code.
· Working experience of Python and MATLAB development.
· Understanding of performance optimization and computer vision libraries – including Intel IPP, OpenGL, OpenCV.
· Experience in an object-oriented software development environment.
· GPU-oriented development experience.
· Experience developing and deploying software in both Windows and Linux environments.
· Team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.