Serves as a member of the Company’s Accounting Team, executing accounts receivable management processes that support Company compliance, efficiency and growth.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers control over accounts receivable balances, processing necessary transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording invoices within the accounting system.
- At least monthly, independently reviews PMO requests for amounts to be invoiced. Also, on the same frequency, reviews costs incurred for amounts to be invoiced. These reviews are set to ensure that amounts billed are timely and appropriately matched with costs incurred. Partner with finance leadership and PMO on amounts in question.
- Manages the creation and/or maintenance of “up-to-date,” consistent, standard accounting policies and procedures for the team’s daily operational use and training, with majority emphasis given to accurate billing and timely collections.
- Partners with finance leadership to gain approval regarding any non-standard billing requests or preferences submitted by customers or sales executives.
- When necessary, communicates directly to customers that are past due, overseeing discrepancy scenarios (e.g. concerns with work performed, overpayments, invoices to be sent, unapplied receipts, sales tax exemptions, etc.), verifying, and resolving completely.
- May provide training to others on areas of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in accounting, or substitute 2 years’ pertinent experience for each year of education.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with external parties (e.g. customers).
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks within a complex organization, demonstrating ability to plan, organize, implement, and control.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, specifically those that are Microsoft based (Great Plains, CRM).
- Previous skill, knowledge, or experience specifically in billing and collections is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.