Billing Specialist – Financial Services
1 Year Contract (with extension potential)
BANKING EXPERIENCE A MUST (CUSTODY EXPERINCE PREFERRED)
Our client is a leading financial institution located in Toronto’s downtown core. They are known for their award-winning top-echelon status within their field.
In this contract role, you will be combining your billings knowledge and analytical skills to support a team of Billing Analysts by analyzing the functions that support the operations of the Billing department. You will become involved in complex client invoicing and work with multi-functional lines of business as well as external stakeholders to identify, investigate, understand and resolve any outstanding Billing issues. We envision you as a strong relationship manager (even if not by title) who effortlessly and confidently liaises with stakeholders at various levels across the organization to deliver on their improvement priorities.
What is expected of you:
- Daily and month-end activities to support fee billing and revenue process by performing daily and month-end revenue report activities to support fee billing and revenue processing and revenue reporting.
- Provides Revenue Governance and Billing services team with technical operational support for the billing platform, set up client fee schedules to determine and define setup within the platform and maintain the integrity of the Billing system fee patterns, user tables and system.
- Provide revenue data and assists Planning and Analysis and Business Development Relationship Management and Management with providing clients revenue reporting and information for re-pricing and profitability analysis and total and clients level revenue analysis and reporting.
- Liaises with business units to resolve specific billing or system problems impacting system performance and investigate and resolve any billing platform issues by working with vendor.
- Monitors and documents system activity including the import and export of files, the set-up and maintenance of client fee schedules, the tracking of change processes and collaborating in the implementation of procedural improvements.
- Commitment to 1 year+ contract
- 3-5 years of experience in Billings and Accounting
- BA Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience with revenue recognition, accounts receivable and account reconciliation, credit, debit and journal entries
- Strong Excel skills with proficiency in VBA, Pivot Tables and Macro
- Strong experience with Access
- Relationship management experience with internal and external stakeholders
- Management reporting experience
- Autonomous quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Capital Markets or custody services experience
Nice to Have:
- Accounting Designation (CGA, CMA, CPA)
- Custody/Capital Markets billing knowledge