Position: Bilingual Work Facilitation Specialist (Level 1) - JP3496
Duration: 1 year
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
The Program Management team is looking for an individual with high a focus on customer service to join their team as a Bilingual Work Facilitation Specialist (WFS). Reporting to the Associate Manager for the WFS team, the WFS will work with Case Managers to deliver Absence Management Consultation Services (AMCS) including ergonomic evaluations and return to work meetings/planning. The position will contribute to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating a timely return to work for our policyholders’ employees.
**This is a Work from Home opportunity in New Brunswick. Travelling around the Atlantic Provinces is required, so you must have your own vehicle.
- Contributing to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating more timely return to work for claimants
- Meet directly with stakeholders to provide early intervention services and facilitate return-to-work meetings
- Manage medical/non-medical and complex cases using a goal-oriented plan approved by the Case Manager
- Providing goal oriented ergonomic evaluations
- Ability to perform ergonomic evaluations/facilitation meetings
- University degree in Kinesiology, Ergonomics or related field
- Extensive vocational rehabilitation experience (5 years) or several years active rehabilitation experience
- Case management experience would be considered an asset;
- Sound knowledge of occupational health issues, vocational rehabilitation and disability insurance
- Valid driver’s license and car is required to travel to various locations; willingness to travel throughout the province
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- PC skills - Windows, Word and Excel
- Completion of related Insurance Industry courses would be an asset.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to quickly identify relevant issues and stakeholder need
- Strong in negotiation with the ability to influence others
- Demonstrated strength in conflict management skills
- Proven analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage a large caseload and the stress and pressure related to multiple demands on time combined with direct contact with claimants
- Strength in working independently and in a cohesive team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail.