Bilingual Tax Manager
Our global client is looking to hire a Bilingual, Tax Manager. This role will be reporting to the Director, of Tax.
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned as required.
- Preparation of Canadian federal and provincial income tax and foreign reporting filings
- Preparation of Canadian HST, QST filings
- Preparation of Canadian monthly, quarterly, annual tax provisions,
- Initial contact with external tax consultants and auditors in the tax area, including tax provision and tax return review
- Preparation of Canadian interest deductibility, tax projections, PUC and E&P calculations
- Work with accounting and finance team in preparing tax projections for budgeting and strategic planning
- Analyze Capex spending for tax depreciation (Canadian CCA)
- Initial contact on tax audits and preparing defense
- Assist with Canadian tax research and analysis
- Assist with tax review and analysis of sales or purchases of assets or other special transactions
- Managing tax SOX control
- Liaise with other Business Units and Finance team to provide tax assistance as needed
- Must be fluently bilingual (French)
- 4 or more years of Tax Canadian tax compliance and consulting
- Bachelors in Accounting and CPA designation are required.
- Masters in Taxation/Accounting, CICA In-depth, and international tax experience
- Knowledge of SAP and IFRS is preferred.
- Strong self-initiative, interpersonal, and time management skills (competing deadlines and projects) are required.
- Strong tax technical, analytical and critical thinking skills are required.