Bilingual Risk Rating Specialist
Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The Borrower Risk Rating Team supports the Commercial, Agriculture, and Dealership financing portfolios in the Business Bank by generating a Borrower Risk Rating (BRR) for use in the adjudication of loans.
What you will achieve in this role:
Reporting to the Manager, Risk Rating, the Risk Rating Specialist is responsible for:
• Use combination of GAAP, notes to financial statements, and overarching guidelines to correctly identify and input values from financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow) of privately held companies into the Risk Rating model.
• Generate a BRR (Borrower Risk Rating) calculation for each request based on inputs.
• Apply requested adjustments to financial statements and create a revised set of financial statements and BRR rating.
• Understand intercompany transactions and apply the elimination of same to combine financial statements from multiple companies.
• Support Manager, Risk Rating in other duties as assigned.
• Contribute to a positive and fun work environment!
What you will bring to this role:
• Read and understand financial statements (company prepared, notice to reader, review engagement and audited).
• Education or work experience with a specialization in accounting is preferred.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of standard Microsoft desktop software, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Working knowledge of Adobe.
• Working knowledge of Moody's Risk Analyst and OPC preferred
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while ensuring work is of high quality.
• Problem solving ability.
• Work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and inter-personal skills.
• Bilingual (English and French)
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.